Give us a call or drop by anytime, we endeavour to answer all enquiries within 24 hours on business days.
The Protector EnviroProtector is a specialist stormwater filter for heavily polluted traffic areas, designed for installation within new or existing chambers. The Fiberglass housing is safe and easy to fit on site. The EnviroProtector operates in an up-flow process resulting in minimal head drop between the inlet and the outlet. The stormwater is treated within the unit by the following processes: sedimentation, filtration, adsorption and precipitation. It is suitable for Heavy Metal, TSS and Nutrient reduction.
The Heart of the EnviroProtector is the EnviroFilter, the filter is a mix of technologies, chemical filtration process and filter medias. These include Oil Coalescing, 30Micron Filtration, zeolite adsorption materials, perlite phosphorus removal and activated carbon. This system is design as an underground stormwater treatment system contstructed from our chop hoop filament wound FRP materials, designed for long life, strength and corrosion resistance. At the Heart of the EnviroProtector is the Enviro Filter, the filter is a mix of technologies that provide removal techniques such as Sedimentation, filtration and adsorption of nutrients, chemicals, hydrocarbons and oils. The system is made up of a range of filtration media using zeolite, perlite, and activated granular carbon in a range of percentages to remove what is required. It is a highly efficient and effective tertiary system that removes a high percentage of contaminants and due to its wide range of configurations, filter arrangements and size variations the system is suitable for almost all site demands.
|Contaminant||Zeolite||Perlite||Granular activated Carbon||ENVIROFILTER Media|
|Sedimentation and TSS||X||X|
|Oil an Grease||X||X||X|
- The rainwater from the connected area is fed into the basal section of the filter housing. The angled inlet generates a radial flow pattern.
- The hydrodynamic separator converts turbulent waters into a radial laminar flow pattern, generating particle sedimentation, particularly of the sand fraction. This takes place over an inlet to the lower section of the filter shaft. The sediment is retained in a silt trap chamber below the separator. The silt trap can be withdrawn for cleaning, and has an integral cleaning port to the side to ease dirt removal.
- In the central section of the filter housing is the actual filter and filter Roof. The filter element filters out the fine materials in an up-flow process and dissolved materials are precipitated and adsorbed. The filter is backwashed from above. When exhausted the filter is easily exchanged through the access manway constructed in the roof of the body and the filter element is easily pulled up and removed from the shaft housing.
- The cleaned water then passes through the discharge outlet. The system utilizes a oil trap system to ensure a clean water to prevent the movement of any oil that isn’t dissolved and retained in the filter elements and is then discharge into water storage, waterway systems or free surface water.
Material: Filter Substrate: Traffic
Weight 25 kg
Telescopic Extension Tube
Weight: 5 kg
Total weight: 37 kg (without Telescopic Extension)
- Car Parks & Shopping Centres
- Council Depots
- Industrial Estates
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance
- Transport Depots & Loading Bays
- Highways & Transport Corridors
- Recycling Yards
- Airport Aprons & Tarmacs
The EnviroProtector range has a series of models to suit the needs of the system it is in place in. With each filter to have a flow rate of 8 L/s, this allows for a continous increase in size of the tank, amount of filters and hence total flowrate to suit all needs. The flow rate, tank size and depth as well as the suitable connection size is shown in the table below.
|Model||Treatment Flow LPS||Housing Dia (mm)||Housing Depth||Connection Size|
The EnviroProtector is designed and built as one homogeneous unit to allow easy handling, transport and most importantly, installation: Ease of onsite installation and access, no heavy cranes and without the assembly of heavy concrete sections in the ground results in considerable cost savings: EnviroProtector cuts down the labour and saves time and money!
- The Packaged EnviroProtectors are engineered to the following Standards:BS4994 – 1987, AS/NZS 1546.1:1998.
- ASME RTP-1 is used to formulae the Design of the shell under external soil/groundwater loading is based on design for external collapse.
- AS2634 – is used to formulae the design & manufacture and installation of the Penetrations to the stations.
- AS1546 is used to formulae the design load of soil/groundwater and use for the testing methods applied.
- AS1170 is used to formulae the design loads from active loads that the stations are subject to, including the required roof slab design. This standard is also used to formulae the ballast requirements for anti-floatation.