Give us a call or drop by anytime, we endeavour to answer all enquiries within 24 hours on business days.
The EnviroProtector is a specialist stormwater filter for heavily polluted traffic areas, designed for installation within new or existing chambers. The Fiberglass housing is safe and easy to fit on site. The EnviroProtector operates in an up-flow process resulting in minimal head drop between the inlet and the outlet. The stormwater is treated within the unit by the following processes: sedimentation, filtration, adsorption and precipitation. It is suitable for Heavy Metal, TSS and Nutrient reduction.
The Heart of the EnviroProtector is the EnviroFilter, the filter is a mix of technologies, chemical filtration process and filter media. These include Oil Coalescing, 30Micron Filtration, zeolite adsorption materials, perlite phosphorus removal and activated carbon. This system is designed as an underground stormwater treatment system constructed from our chop hoop filament wound FRP materials, designed for long life, strength and corrosion resistance. The Enviro Filter is a mix of technologies that provide removal techniques such as sedimentation, filtration and adsorption of nutrients, chemicals, hydrocarbons and oils. The system is made up of a range of filtration media using zeolite, perlite, and activated granular carbon in a range of percentages to remove what is required. It is a highly efficient and effective tertiary system that removes a high percentage of contaminants and due to its wide range of configurations, filter arrangements and size variations the system is suitable for almost all site demands.
It is available with various filter types, depending on the usage of the connected area. The Roof type is used for roof areas that do not have a significant proportion of undercoated metals; the Metal type is employed for metal roof areas, and the Traffic type is used for slightly polluted traffic areas. The Heavy Traffic type is employed for heavily polluted traffic areas. The maximum areas that may be drained depending on the nature of the surfaces.
|Contaminant||Zeolite||Perlite||Granular activated Carbon||ENVIROFILTER Media|
|Sedimentation and TSS||X||X|
|Oil an Grease||X||X||X|
- The rainwater from the connected area is fed into the basal section of the filter housing. The angled inlet generates a radial flow pattern.
- The hydrodynamic separator converts turbulent waters into a radial laminar flow pattern, generating particle sedimentation, particularly of the sand fraction. This takes place over an inlet to the lower section of the filter shaft. The sediment is retained in a silt trap chamber below the separator. The silt trap can be withdrawn for cleaning, and has an integral cleaning port to the side to ease dirt removal.
- In the central section of the filter housing is the actual filter and filter Roof. The filter element filters out the fine materials in an up-flow process and dissolved materials are precipitated and adsorbed. The filter is backwashed from above. When exhausted the filter is easily exchanged through the access manway constructed in the roof of the body and the filter element is easily pulled up and removed from the shaft housing.
- The cleaned water then passes through the discharge outlet. The system utilizes a oil trap system to ensure a clean water to prevent the movement of any oil that isn’t dissolved and retained in the filter elements and is then discharge into water storage, waterway systems or free surface water.
The Envirofilter contains a wide range of Filter media, specifically chosen at the ratios, particle size and type to ensure the most efficient removal of pollutants. The exact engineering of the media has been painstakingly chosen by our team at PROTECTOR to ensure the best results for our environment at the most cost-effective pricing possible.
Our filters can be employed in heavy and light traffic scenarios and provide great filtration rates for all applications to satisfy Councils, Consultants, Builders and plumbers alike. Because of its up-flow process it can efficiently work in flat sites requiring only 250 mm fall across the device ensuring that it is suitable for implementation into any stormwater plan with minimal incursion on the site or its plans.
Furthermore Multiple units can be manifolded together to treat higher flows or can be designed in larger tanks with high flow rates possible. Each EnviroFilter will provide 8 L/s of treatment flow rate, installed in offline configuration.
- Stormwater treatment filter
- Underground installation, no loss of site surface area
- Designed for TSS,TP and TN removal
- Light, quick and easy to install
- 150-300mm head to drive flow
- Filter modules easy to replace
- 8L/s Treatment Flow rate per Filter
Material: Filter Substrate: Traffic
Weight 25 kg
Telescopic Extension Tube
Weight: 5 kg
Total weight: 37 kg (without Telescopic Extension)
- Residential Subdivisions
- Car parks
- Shopping Centres
- Commercial and Industrial developments
- Tunnels, Highways & Transport Corridors
- Recycling Yards
- Main Stormwater drainage systems
- Heavy Vehicle Maintenance
- Airports Tarmacs
- Transport (Truck and Bus) Depots
- Loading Bays
- Retrofitting to existing Stormwater drainage systems
- Stormwater harvesting projects
- Any other applications where the target pollutants are primarily gross
- pollutants and oils and sediment
The Hydroceptor’s range of applications, Modular design and low head requirements makes it a Filter that meets nearly any application.
The EnviroProtector range has a series of models to suit the needs of the system it is in place in. With each filter to have a flow rate of 8 L/s, this allows for a continous increase in size of the tank, amount of filters and hence total flowrate to suit all needs. The flow rate, tank size and depth as well as the suitable connection size is shown in the table below.
|Model||Treatment Flow LPS||Housing Dia (mm)||Housing Depth||Connection Size|
The EnviroProtector is designed and built as one homogeneous unit to allow easy handling, transport and most importantly, installation: Ease of onsite installation and access, no heavy cranes and without the assembly of heavy concrete sections in the ground results in considerable cost savings: EnviroProtector cuts down the labour and saves time and money!
A complete installation hand book is supplied to ensure the installation goes smoothly and to plan. The guide provides advice for lifting, OHS measures, handling techniques and other important requirements. Installation is typically:
- Excavate hole
- Place station in hole
- Fill well with water about 20% of total volume
- Back ﬁll to locking ring
- Pour ballast
- Install all connections as per manual*
- Back ﬁll and pour top slab and install access cover
*All installation requirements are as per installation data manual.
All of the Protector range have been individually engineered to handle the toughest environmental situations and proven in the toughest environments such as high water tables and volcanic soils. Problems in these areas have been solved with the installation of the EcoProtector.
The Packaged EnviroProtectors are engineered to the following Standards:BS4994 – 1987, AS/NZS 1546.1:1998. Hydraulic and civil engineering can also be provided to your requirements.
Fibreglass Reinforced Polymer are strengthened materials that shows higher resistance to the corrosion which makes them ideal to be implemented for the tanks. They can be exposed to the water for years without being corrupted. Light weight, being resistant to high temperature and easy on-site installation are some of the desirable features that FRP indicates. Furthermore, FRP plates have higher mechanical strength which enables them to carry higher loads compared to plastics.
Even though the EnviroProtector is relatively light weight, pound for pound they are stronger than alternative stuctures. The EnviroProtector has no joins leaving a smooth, clean internal surface that resists scum and sludge build up and allows no leakage to the external environment. The lightweight configuration of the EnviroProtector simplifies handling and reduces costs in transport, labour and handling down time.
- The Packaged EnviroProtectors are engineered to the following Standards:BS4994 – 1987, AS/NZS 1546.1:1998.
- ASME RTP-1 is used to formulae the Design of the shell under external soil/groundwater loading is based on design for external collapse.
- AS2634 – is used to formulae the design & manufacture and installation of the Penetrations to the stations.
- AS1546 is used to formulae the design load of soil/groundwater and use for the testing methods applied.
- AS1170 is used to formulae the design loads from active loads that the stations are subject to, including the required roof slab design. This standard is also used to formulae the ballast requirements for anti-floatation.
For any systems with more than 10 filters, please contact any of our engineers at email@example.com for more details and site specific drawings