Give us a call or drop by anytime, we endeavour to answer all enquiries within 24 hours on business days.
The process of the TRAP-IT follows a multistage physical filtration process. The triple layered filter process ensures all particles of any range of size are removed from the stormwater process. Each stage of the TRAP-IT Pit insert GPT is designed for effective removal of varying sizes, whilst combining structural integrity with ease of install and maintenance. The 3 stage filtration works as follows
1. The first stage is a larger debris filter screen, capturing any pollutant greater than 10000micron (10mm) in size. This layer is made from strong plastics to ensure a high capacity can be captured and no failure of the system occurs. The large size of the basket also allows continual flow of water through the system, ensuring no blockages.
2. The second stage is a 100micron bag, designed to capture all sediment and finer particles. The 100micron bag is protector by the initial filter basket to ensure only fine particles are captured to ensure no high weight is exerted, ensuring long life.
3. The third stage is a larger metal basket, designed with large holes that the first on. This system acts as a final protection layer, but mainly acts as a structural layer to help protect the strength of the 100micron bag, taking the weight of contents of the micron bag. This extends the life of the bag and reduces the risk of tearing and damage to any of the components within the system
The TRAP-IT is also built with bypass, ensure that if any issues to occur within the system or a period of high intensity rainfall occurs, water can flow through the bypass as required
This system can be applied to any pit. With our unique telescopic mounting system, we are able to fit the pit insert GPT into any pit size. With a dual basket size system we are also able to design this system to suit the flows and capture volumes required. With its small size and installation WITHIN the pit, there will be no site of the TRAP-IT system and it will be like nothing is there whilst still keeping our environments safe
The applications include:
- Residential areas, parklands, sporting facilities or anywhere with high pedestrian traffic
- Industrial complexes, commercial complexes, shopping precincts or any high GPT loading areas
- Truck wash areas for silt and sediment capture prior to oil separation
- As prior treatment system before any sewer or stormwater management systems to protector downstream systems
- Roadways, highways and any system using roadside guttering
- Any other applications where the target pollutants are primarily gross pollutants
Retrofitted or installed in new projects
The installation of the TRAP-IT ensures that this system can be installed in any pit, at any stage of construction or at any length of time after the pit is built
Triple Filtration Layers
The 3 stage physical filtration processes that the TRAPIT is design for ensures that pollutants of all sizes are captured and all gross pollutants are removed from the stormwater system, ensuring our environments safety.
Ease of installation and maintenance
The system can be installed in no time at all, with the whole system coming ready to install and fully assembled, with the mounting system allowing for simple installation into any pit and the three-stage filtration just simply inserted into the pit.
Maintenance is a breeze with the TRAP-IT is ensuring that minimal time and effort is spent on maintaining, with the TRAP-IT being designed for easy maintenance with no bolts or securing into the pit
High durability and structural integrity
Systems main structure are built from 314 stainless steel, ensuring high strength and structural integrity are maintained. The basket systems are made from high strength plastics, ensuring no damage and long life, with the micron bag being made from a high strength polyester ensuring this system will operate at high performance for a long life.
Minimal environmental and aesthetic footprint
As if the system weren’t there whilst still protecting our environment
Stainless steel frame
This frame provides a high load bearing system and great structural integrity to hold a high load capture of pollutants. Ensuring long life of the system and able to carry the weight of high loading systems.
Cost effective product
Our endless work on this system has ensure that this system will be the most cost effective GPT basket available with the highest quality
Our TRAP-IT system comes suitable for all pits with two designed frame sizes. With the frames being equipped with the telescopic mounting system we can ensure that it can be mounted in any Pit. The addition of the flow directions ensures that there will be no gaps in the pit that water can flow down so the interaction with the three stage filtration system Is inevitable
The below table depicts which Pits are suitable for which TRAP IT models
|Pit Size (LxWxD)||TRAP IT MODEL|
|600x600x450 PIT||TRPT-350.T / TRPT-450|
|600x600x600 PIT||TRPT-350.T / TRPT-450|
|600x600x750 PIT||TRPT-350.T / TRPT-450|
|600x600x900 PIT||TRPT-350.T / TRPT-450|
The TrapIt is designed and built keeping the end user in mind. Therefore, the installation is quite simple and cost-effective. The TrapIt can easily be retrofitted into existing drains or into new ones and requires minimal labour and no heavy machinery. This ease of installation makes it considerably cheap and quite desirable.
- Remove existing grate
- Clean outer ledge area
- Insert in the clips into the holes in the telescopic mounts at the position sized to the manway and insert the metal frame into the pit
- Wrap the micron bag around the steel frame (stage two around stage 3) and secure and position into the metal frame
- Insert the plastic basket (stage 1) on top – no screuing required for the 3 stages
- Cut the plastic surrounds to size so that they can cover the TRAPIT surrounding and secure
Maintenance of the TRAP IT system must be conducted on a regular basis. Whilst each site may vary of pollutant volume, it is important to follow these rules in the early stages of the systems implementation. All personnel who are conducting the maintenance procedure must ensure that all data on the waste collected and the condition of the TRAP IT is recorded.
This will give an idea on the need for future maintenance and whether the original schedule put into place is adequate for the application
|One month of installation||Check the system to get a rough idea of how the system is fairing and develop a maintenance schedule based on the loadings. Based on this check, decide the time for next maintenance action.||1st Month|
|Normal loading conditions||First maintenance from the time of installation/ Normal Maintenance Schedule||4 Months|
|Extreme Rainfall event||Briefly monitor the HydraVane to inspect if the maintenance schedule must be re-evaluated||≤ Scheduled Maintenance Time|
|Increase in loading||The frequency of maintenance needs to be evaluated, then a new schedule must be developed, and this MUST be followed||≤ Scheduled Maintenance Time|
|Bypass Flow for contaminants||Maintenance for the system||ASAP|
|Long period of minimal rainfall, followed by a larger rainfall event||Maintenance for the system||ASAP|
|1||Remove the grated cover safely and place in an area where it will not interfere with maintenance or if the cover is hinged secure it in upright position.|
|2||Using the handles, remove the plastic basket out ensuring no captured debris falls into the pit.|
|3||The filter bag may contain a high amount of debris and will hence may be quite heavy, and removal by hand may not be possible. If this is the case, a lifting tripod hoist will be required to remove the filter bag|
|DO NOT REMOVE THE PLASTIC FLOW DIRECTORS OR REMOVE THE STEEL FRAME. This has been secured into place and removal of these parts will mean that re-installation will have to occur|
|4||Empty the contaminants and pollutants into the containment system brought to transport the waste and trash. Ensure no spillage occurs and all debris is captured.|
|5||Use hose to wash the basket.|
|6||Remove the metal basket and the micron bag from the basket.|
|7||Empty the contaminants and pollutants into the containment system brought to transport the waste and trash. Ensure no spillage occurs and all debris is captured.|
|8||Using a pressure hose remove all smaller sediment from the micron holes to ensure all pores are free of blockages|
|9||Clear out all materials from the bypass sections|
|10||Inspect the clean and empty TRAP-IT micron bag and the plastic basket as required and ensure no damage or tears have occurred during operation or maintenance. If damage is found, see section below detailing replacement process|
|11||Re-attach the micron bag to the metal basket and re-install the micron filter as required. Using the handles reinstate the plastic basket down and close and secure access cover|